Monday 18 February 2013

Blogchallenge: D.E.L.i.B.e.r.A.T.E

Hello & welcome to my Blogchallenge! Today's topic is deliberate.
 
When  I was 14 years old I went to see "Dead Poets Society" and from that moment on I felt  my young life changed ! Oh I loved it! Just loved it!
 
Since then the poem of Henry Daviod Thoreau has always been in my head! It is like my mantra for more than 20 years!
 
So today I want to share the beginning of these beautiful lines with you PLUS a video  that I found on youtube.
The video ist with music so be aware of that if you watch it in a museum.
 
I really want to encourage you to watch the whole movie (again)!
 
Poem:
 
 "I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately... I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life... to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die... discover that I had not lived." — Henry David Thoreau
 
Did you create or write someting for my challenge?

Then please become a follower and answer my question & don't forget to link then back to your blog.
I love to visit it.
 
The comment section is for everyone, even if you didn't participate today.
Just wanted to undeline that!
 
Big Question:
 
What can you do today to live
deliberately?

 
LOve & LigHT!
Andrea

8 comments:

Sage Grayson said...

This is a fantastic poem! Dead Poets Society is one of my favorite movies, and I like the video you linked to in your post. I really connect with the idea of living deliberately and not just "going through the motions" of life. We can make a deliberate choice to seize the day! Good word for today's challenge.

Here's the link to my deliberate post about being deliberate with your personal time: http://sagegrayson.com/theres-always-time-for-personal-time/

Deborah Lynn said...

"What can you do today to live deliberately?"
Today~
i can put on my running shoes,
leash up my dogs,
and head out for a 1 mile run.
This is a deliberate action
that will build stamina and strength in me.

i hope this will link to my blog!
http://paperpencilandpaint.blogspot.com/2013/02/deliberate.html

sora said...

I can appreciate the gifts I have without any doubt that it is helping those around me. I can be deliberate about honoring myself.

Andrea said...

Lovely Sage! Thank you so much! I love that: Seize the day! CArPe DiEM! I will jump over to your blog! Love! Andrea

Andrea said...

Deborah! Wow! Yes put on your running shoes! You dogs will be happy! Love and light, Andrea

Andrea said...

Sora! That is georgous! Spread your gifts out in to the world! Love, Andrea

Frauke Moebius said...

That's a wonderful post. We lose so much by just going through the motions of our lives, through habit and not daring to look further.

So, I choose to experience life fully, even if it's just for an hour a day (or two, as in today's EFT session). And every day, I can allow myself to feel everything fully - even if it's just for a limited time.

Thank you for reminding me of this, Andrea!

Andrea said...

Oh Frauke, I am so happy that I inspired you! WE need to live in the moment! Would you like to be interviewed? Love, Andrea